How can CCRC resources help you?
New Addition: Webinars on Current Issues in Children’s Rights
The CCRC sponsored a series of webinars in fall 2020 on current issues in children’s rights. Below are links to recordings of the presentations:
- Children’s Rights Impact Assessments (CRIA): the Scotland experience. This webinar explores the use of CRIA in Scotland in relation to Covid response and incorporation of the Convention into domestic law in Scotland.
- Where are Youth Voices in the Pandemic: Learning from the Past. This webinar explores learning from other humanitarian crises to inform ways of listening to the voices of children and youth during the pandemic, including a pilot project underway in Canada now.
- Anti-Black Racism & Child Rights: Bissy Waariyo, Cheyanne Ratnam, and Agapi Gessesse discuss the impact of anti-Black racism on the lives of children and youth. Panelists explored ways that young people are not able to realize their rights when they face discrimination.
- Justice for Children & Youth: Dr. Shauna Van Praagh and Atagün Mert Kejanlıoğlu explore challenges related to justice for children and youth in Canada, including during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Child & Youth Advocacy in the 21st Century: Dr. Daniella Bendo shares her doctoral research on child & youth advocacy in Canada in a 21st century context.
- Anti-Discrimination & the Education System: Slides from Chriss Bogart & Ben Peebles (OISE Lab School) Raising Kids Who Care, CCRC Webinar March 31
Information on Canada and Children’s Rights
The CCRC provides the following kinds of information:
- Periodic reviews of how well Canada implements children’s rights, which as presented as alternative reports for the official monitoring process
- Analysis of issues in Canada; research papers on important themes for implementing the Convention in Canada
- Fact Sheets on Specific Issues in Canada:
Public Education Tools to Understand and Promote Children’s Rights
The CCRC provides the following educational tools: