The coalition operates as a charitable organization under federal legislation. The board, elected at each AGM, includes representatives of child rights organizations, individual advocates, and academic specialists on child rights. Current board members are:
- Kate Butler, PhD, Children’s Rights Consultant – Chair
- Hala Mreiwed, PhD, Assistant Professor at King’s University College at Western University – Vice-Chair
- Emily Chan, Lawyer, Justice for Children and Youth – Treasurer
- Tara Black, PhD, Assistant Professor, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto – Secretary
- Robyn Aaron, Child Rights Specialist
- Daniella Bendo, PhD, Assistant Professor at King’s University College at Western University
- Candace Blake-Amarante, PhD., Playwright and Children’s Author
- Teyohá:te Brant, Health Systems Researcher
- Terence Hamilton, Policy Specialist, UNICEF Canada
- Olivia Lecoufle, Child Rights and Child Protection Advisor at Save the Children Canada
- Michael Saini, Ph.D., M.S.W., R.S.W., Professor, Factor-Inwentash Chair in Law and Social Work. University of Toronto
- Laura Wright, PhD, Lecturer (Assistant Professor) Childhood Studies, University of Edinburgh ; Participatory Methodologies Director, IICRD.
- Ashley Vandermorris, MC, FRCPC, Staff Physician, Division of Adolescent Medicine, Sick Kids Hospital. Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto
Recruitment post for Board of Directors – Spring 2023
Interested in joining the Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children Board of Directors?
The CCRC is looking for persons to be active participants in a working board that focuses on advancing the rights of children in Canada. Our goal is to strengthen our organization in the areas of communication and fund-raising, as well as policy and advocacy. We are looking for diverse voices to reflect diverse communities of children across Canada.
If you would like to apply to be on the CCRC Board of Directors, please send an email outlining your interest in children’s rights and what you might be able to contribute as a board member, along with a copy of your CV by Friday, May 19, 2023. Applications can be sent to the nominations committee at: email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org