Please see this note from Assembly of 7 Generations. Stream them live today from the UN where they are releasing their much-anticipated report on TRC 66.
I am writing on behalf of the Labour of Love report and the community-based Indigenous Youth advocates bringing critical calls to action to the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues in New York City on April 17, 2023.
Seven years after the TRC and four years after Indigenous Youth Voices released A Roadmap to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Call to Action #66, there is still an unmet urgent need for Indigenous-led, ethical, life-saving, and culturally-based programming and communal support for Indigenous youth to survive and thrive.
We have chosen to release Labour of Love to an international human rights audience that can help amplify the contents of the report – and deliver the message to stakeholders that funding this approach outlined is urgent.
Would you kindly consider joining us in this action by:
- Joining us in person if you’re in New York City on April 17, 2023
- Livestreaming our panel and report release event, featuring representatives from five Indigenous youth groups, on YouTube from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm EST April 17, 2023
- Sharing our post and promoting the livestream on social media
- Forwarding this email to other stakeholders who may assist in amplification
- Passing the attached press release to appropriate media/livestream contacts
- Offering support in any way you can!
Assembly of Seven Generations