Children’s Rights Monitoring
- The CCRC brings together Canadian children and civil society organizations to participate in the regular five-year reviews of Canada’s implementation of the CRC before the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.
- The CCRC makes submissions on policy proposals before parliament from the perspective of children’s rights.
- The Coalition provides a child-rights analysis of the federal budget and other national policies.
- The CCRC helps children from all parts of Canada participate in consultations on matters that affect them, with the support of coalition members. Canadian children have participated in the World Summit for Children, the Earth Summit, the UN Special Session for Children, and other national and international events.
- The CCRC provided policy recommendations for Canada’s participation in the UN Special Session for Children, and for Canada’s Action Plan, entitled “A Canada Fit for Children.”
Resources on Children’s Rights
- The CCRC promotes public education on children’s rights through resources on its website, presentations to a wide variety of audiences, newsletters, and information-sharing among its members.
- The CCRC sponsors public learning events on emerging themes or tools to promote children’s rights.
- The CCRC fosters analysis and public dialogue on current issues relating to children’s rights through newsletters, blogs, and participation in public discussions.
Child Rights Award
The award recognizes individuals or groups who demonstrate exemplary efforts to respect the rights of children as described in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Recipients will receive a certificate, be honoured in an appropriate way, and be publicly recognized through the CCRC website and newsletter.
National Child Day
Each year Canada acknowledges the ratification of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child on November 20th – National Child Day. The Coalition works with our member organizations to highlight this significant day for children’s rights.